’14 ATH Juwann Howard has been seeing increased interest from schools all over the country. Currently holding seven offers, Michigan recently added their name into the sweepstakes and offered him.
I briefly spoke with Winfree tonight and here are the highlights from our discussion:
– He says that the recruiting process has been hectic and exciting. He has revived a lot of contact by coaches through Facebook as well.
– He also mentioned that he’s recently received two offers that he has been patiently waiting for (which I assume are Vanderbilt and Michigan). When asked who he was patiently waiting for and who he wants to hear from, he said Vanderbilt, Ohio State, Michigan and Florida.
– Ofher than knowing about coach Hoke, he knows that Michigan is rich in tradition and produces big time athletes, while also having the largest stadium in college football. He said that the offer was “surprising and amazing” and that he didn’t expect the offer so soon. The way the coaches talk about his game makes him like them even more.
– He doesn’t really have top schools right now but Michigan is in his top ten. He also plans to commit on signing day.
– No visits to campus are imminent, but he does plan to visit soon.