Remember the name Devin Funchess. Because you’re more than likely to hear it often during the 2012 season. Funchess has some large shoes to fill at the tight end position with Kevin Koger graduating. This 4* TE out of Farmington Hills took some time out to chat with us!
- Wednesday (NSD) was great for Devin. He said he is looking forward to beginning the process of preparing to become a Wolverine for the fall. Unlike some of the recruits, Devin was not contacted by Urban Meyer.
- Devin is already learning to hate Ohio, since being from Michigan, he is well aware of the rivalry.
- Fred Jackson recruited Funchess, and in typical Fred Jackson style, made comparisons to him and another player, but Funchess cannot remember who the player was.
- Funchess recently participated in the International Bowl with fellow Michigan commits Terry Richardson, Royce Jenkins-Stone and James Ross. Funchess had a touchdown catch. He really enjoyed the experience, and was nominated by his coach to join Team USA.
- Before the season starts Funchess said he would like to improve on speed, footwork and agility before the season starts.
- In regards to the possibility of starting day one against Alabama, Funchess feels great about it and recognizes it as a huge honor to start as a true freshman
- Funchess’ goals for his freshman year include being an impact freshman, All-Big Ten honors and working on his receiving skills to jump start his legacy at Michigan.